Isaiah 43: 18-19

"Do not call to mind the former things, or ponder things of the past. Behold, I will do something new. Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert. "

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fingerprints

So Dan and I went to get fingerprinted today. The reason is so they can run your fingerprints through the FBI database and make sure you aren't flagged in the system. We thought, well since neither of us have a criminal record, should be no problem right? Wrong! Apparently, I don't have fingerprints. No seriously, I don't. The lady doing our prints said between 2-5% of the population have poorly defined ridges that make their prints unidentifiable! How random is that?

We went to Orlando this past Christmas and I locked my purse in an electronic locker opened by fingerprint recognition. Well, after the ride was over I went to get my purse and the locker refused to open saying it could not recognize my print. We had to get an attendant to open it. I thought that was the strangest thing. Well, now I know why!

It took about 20 minutes to capture my prints, and it took Dan about 20 seconds. She said I still might run into problems when the prints go to the FBI, but hopefully they will be able to read them and I won't have to go back again!

Moral of the story, I could have gotten away with being a career criminal! Oh well, I guess I will just stick with nursing :)

6 comments:

  1. lol. i'm glad you're not a criminal so i can be your friend. you really are like one in a million! dan is one lucky guy, for sure. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olivia, I just read through your blogs! You made me cry, your commitment to and faith in this is incredible! Wishing you and Dan the best of luck in your journey to parenthood!
    Nancy H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha this brings back fun memories! None quiet as interesting as no-print-fingerprints :) So excited for the one God already knows who will become your child! Stick with it girl and find ways to make these steps fun little dates & adventures with your man :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is crazy! Didn't you have to do that for work? Are you sure you're a legally registered nurse...? Hmmm, maybe I need to put in a call to the SC board of nursing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No we just put one fingerprint down, not all ten! Crazy I know!

    And Kati-so excited for you guys that you were able to meet your sweet little girl!

    ReplyDelete