Isaiah 43: 18-19

"Do not call to mind the former things, or ponder things of the past. Behold, I will do something new. Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert. "

Friday, June 24, 2011

Homestudy officially in process!

Our agency emailed today confirming they received all the necessary paperwork and are beginning to process our homestudy information! The agency's social worker emailed me and will be coming to visit the last week in July. It is starting to become real and sink in that this is actually going to happen for us.

 The great thing is that throughout everything, God has continued to humble me and show me how much better it is to walk with Him instead of on my own. I used to get sad and feel sorry for myself when I found out someone was expecting, but now I am just excited for them and can share in their joy! I know that someday, maybe soon, maybe we will have to wait awhile, God has a little one for us. We just have to wait on His time and not our own!

I remember when my parents sat my sister Emily and I down and told us they were adopting. I thought they were completely crazy. Now, over a decade later I cannot begin to imagine Chessie and Carmen not being my brother and sister. God always knows better then we do, He just waits for us to figure it out. He definitely has a sense of humor!

For those of you that dont know my adopted siblings, I'm attaching pictures because I cant help but share them with the world!







2 comments:

  1. It's so neat that you've been able to taste and see the goodness of adoption already. Such precious pics. The one of you and Chessie is gorgeous. So happy you get to spend time with them. So excited for the pieces of this process coming together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just listened to "ready". It is you! I can picture you listening to the song, dancing around as God prepares you and Dan for the child he is bringing. Wonderful!
    Dad

    ReplyDelete