Isaiah 43: 18-19

"Do not call to mind the former things, or ponder things of the past. Behold, I will do something new. Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert. "

Monday, July 18, 2011

thank goodness!!

Our fingerprints passed! Whew! I was concerned about having to go back and get refingerprinted. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, read my post titled "fingerprints." We are almost done with the homestudy process, I cant believe this is all really happening. Some days, like today, I yearn so deeply for a child, I am humbled and thankful that things are moving in the direction for this to actually happen. I cant wait to be a mommy. We have a great life but there is definitely something missing! Our social work visit is NEXT WEEK! I'm nervous but excited at the same time. We had to take an online parenting assessment, and I completed mine today. It was kind of hard to do because alot of the questions had to do with how we were raised and experiences growing up. This was difficult to me, because as I have some very happy childhood memories, I also have some very painful ones. The assessment was a good reminder for the future of our children, and certain values and ways of communicating that we may or may not want to pass on as we become parents. I am grateful that I can clearly see my childhood and have learned from certain parent's mistakes. I am also grateful for the healthy side of the parenting I received, and that I was raised in a godly home, despite the hard times. Thats it for today!

Thanks for following!

4 comments:

  1. Olivia- I had no idea you were adopting! That's fantastic. We are adopting a 13 year old from China and expect to travel in August. Prayers for you and Dan as you enter this roller coaster! Love, Tom & Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, our blog is at www.rylandsfamily.blogspot.com in case you want to catch up on our journey. Congrats again. Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! I will definitely start following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got caught up with reading all your latest blog entries. This is an amazing journey you two are on. Can't wait to meet the special little one who is lucky enough to get you guys as his/her mommy and daddy!!

    Love, Aunt Sue

    ReplyDelete