Isaiah 43: 18-19

"Do not call to mind the former things, or ponder things of the past. Behold, I will do something new. Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert. "

Thursday, November 10, 2011

We're still here!!

I have been the most terrible blogger in the world. Mia has become SO active and wants her momma every second of the day. Can you believe she is 6 weeks old? She has gotten so big, every day she looks bigger to me. She had a 4 week check-up appointment and was 9 lbs 3 oz. (and right in the 50th%ile!) She must be at least 10+ something now. A couple weeks ago I put away all of her newborn stuff, and I actually got teary. I cant believe that I was sad that my baby is no longer a newborn. Each stage is so wonderful, she gets cuter and more interactive every day.


So what have we been doing? Well, our pediatrician gave us some great suggestions for helping Mia get more regular and sleep for longer periods during the night. We really dont know what we are doing so it was really helpful! Shes now sleeping 4-5 hours at night instead of 2-3 hours, much to the relief of Dan and myself. I dont know when she will start "sleeping through the night" or if she will, but shes definitely on a good schedule! When she was a newborn, she could sleep anytime, anywhere. Now she wants to held constantly. Her favorite thing is to snuggle up on our chests on her belly and fall asleep. its super cute.

My friends at work threw us an amazing shower, I was overwhelmed by the love and generosity of my friends. I am so blessed to work with such amazing ladies! I didnt take any pictures but some friends did so I will post when I get them =).

We call Mia our little snuggle bear because she is just super cuddly. Without knowing this, my friend Elysia got her the PERFECT outfit.





Dan and I are determined to be "cool" parents. We bring Mia everywhere! We dont want to be trapped at home with her all the time and lose our relationships with our friends. So instead, we just bring her =). Its all about the timing, and as long as we time it right we can go anywhere (well except the movies, which we are sad about). A week or so ago, we went to Mexican with our good friends Ashley and Brandon, and they got to the restaurant before us, and when we got there, there wasnt room for a high chair to put the carseat on. Well, we had plenty of room underneath so we just stowed her under the table and she slept while we enjoyed a delicious meal! After we finished eating, Ashley wanted to play with her so we got her out. Our hispanic waiter came over to us with a hilarious look on his face and said "I did not know you have baby under table!" (in a heavy accent of course). We all burst out laughing at this.

Dan's mom came last week, actually, 2 weeks ago, for about 5 days(the days and weeks blur together!) We had such a great time! His mom was sooo helpful and did the 3am shifts with Mia which allowed us to be very well rested that week. She loves tea, so what better activity then to go to the Charleston Tea Plantation!



 Its obvious where Dan gets his height from ;)

 This picture is my dream come true. Nothing sexier than my husband carrying my daughter around!




 I love this little poster about the South. It was in the gift shop, everything is soo true!

We also visited Angel Oak, and Dan and I have never been there before!




And now for the GOOD NEWS!!!!....


Our Adoption will be finalized December 16th! We thought it wouldn't happen till January, but our amazing attorney found a loophole to get the court date approved before the 90 day waiting period.  This is so exciting for several reasons. Our baby girl will officially be a Burgess. She will get a new birth certificate, social security card, etc. She is already ours but it will be nice when it becomes official. Also, if our adoption is finalized before 2012, we will be eligible for the adoption tax credit this coming year, instead of waiting a full year. This will help us out financially, especially because Dan pays his taxes when we file since he is self-employed. Instead of paying a giant amount to the government in taxes we will hopefully get a refund!  This is all so clearly the work of the Lord, and we give Him the credit for everything. He knew in the beginning that Mia would be our daughter, He just waited for us to listen to His plan!!


Anyhow, my sweetie is crying, so I have to go. I will post more soon I promise =). 



6 comments:

  1. It's so wonderful to hear about your happy family, Olivia. Best wishes and blessings to the three of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woo hoo! that is great news about the court date. you three are looking as great as ever!!! i'm so glad Dan's mom got to meet her grand-daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this post is very good and get useful information.this post get us very useful knowledge

    tshirt bedrukken

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post! We were the same way when Bryce was tiny...we still went everywhere. It was actually easier when he was an infant to go out to eat, etc. Now that he's 14 months, there are tantrums and fussiness. We still go out and about, but we do plan them around his nap time on the weekends and bring food he loves...and it is sometimes shortened just a bit. You guys are def. the cool parents! :-) Love the photos and your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for your sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete