Isaiah 43: 18-19

"Do not call to mind the former things, or ponder things of the past. Behold, I will do something new. Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert. "

Monday, October 17, 2011

I am in LOVE!!

Last weekend (a week ago) my dad came back down with my little brother and sister and they got to meet Mia for the first time. They were soo cute with her. Chessie was in love with her and treated her like a little baby doll. She wanted to do everything for Mia; feed her, change her, dress her, carry her, put her in the swing. It was precious. We went for a walk in the park and Chessie insisted on carrying her in the baby bjorn. it was too cute! She also kept propping her head up under a pillow, it was hilarious.



Carmen secretly adored her too, he just wouldnt confess to it ;).


A Proud Grandpa!



For lunch last Sunday I cracked into the olive spread my Aunt Sue gave me a couple years ago and Carmen and I made Muffaletta sandwhiches, which were awesome, if I do say so myself! The key was definitely the olive spread which was especially made in New Orleans. If you've never had a Muffaletta, you will just have to give it a try! And don't worry, these were quartered!


Now I'm sitting here writing this blog with the most beautiful little girl cuddled up next to me. Sometimes I just stare at her all day! Mia and I had a very eventful day today. This morning, my friend Jessica came over and we put poor Mia through all kinds of crazy poses to get newborn pics. I love her little naked body, its just so so cute. She's hardly ever naked because she doesnt like to be uncomfortable and usually puts up a fight when I change her clothes (usually about 4 times a day!) Anyhow, I know that we ended up getting some great pictures, I cant wait to see how they turn out. Jessica also brought over her little 2 year old daughter who was absolutely adorable. She helped her mommy "pose baby Mia." It was really cute! She also got a little jealous but was quick to arrange a flower around Mia and give her lots of kisses. What a sweet morning. These pictures arent from today, but she is just so gorgeous I cant help taking them! The first one she looks hilarious like she is sunbathing, and the other ones she was looking at Daddy, so so sweet.





Then I trekked downtown (I say trek, but really its like 10 minutes) and brought Mia to human resources to add her to our insurance. Then of course I had to bring her by labor and delivery so my friends and co-workers could see her. I really do love my job and I am blessed to work with some amazing women! It was so much fun for everyone to be able to share in my joy. Its hard not to adore Mia after meeting her. The girls at work planned a shower for next week and I am just so excited! We really are like a family. We spend such long hours together and go through very wonderful and difficult things at work, its hard not to get close! Plus they have been rallying around us since we decided to adopt, and really even before that. Not everyone understands adoption, but I am blessed with people in my life who both understand it and love it.

I have just one more itsy bitsy thing to say =). Its something I've got to get out even if its not easy to say. 3 people on 3 separate occasions today commented innocently "Now that you've adopted, you'll get pregnant!" And 2 out of the 3 said "You'll see, you'll have one of your own soon!" I know that they don't mean to be offensive, but it really hurts to hear that. Mia IS our own, shes our daughter, even if I didnt give birth to her. We love her every bit as much and she is more than we could ever ask for. Someday we may get pregnant, but we are not planning on it and adoption is not a means to pregnancy. I am so so happy with the way God chose to grow our family, I already dream about where we will adopt our next child from! Please dont be mad if you read this and you have made this comment to me, I know you didn't mean anything by it, but I just want to make readers aware that it does hurt to hear those comments and part of being an adoptive parent is education to others who maybe don't understand adoption as well.

Well tomorrow I will be separated from Mia for 8 hours for a class I have to take at work. I'm on FMLA but nurses have to keep their licenses updated and unfortunately this class is a requirement to stay current so I have a job to go back to!

Thanks for following!! =)

5 comments:

  1. how nice a shower clue us in, girl, in case we did not hear--- when where? friend from musc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures of her are so sweet! Mia's face is so expressive and gorgeous.

    I'm sorry people said such things to you. they don't know any better. But it still hurts. Hugs. She's all yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry, i forgot to add that i cannot believe how BIG your "little" bro and sis are. they are precious. i know chessie was head over heels. sooo sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful blog. Anyone who reads it should feel privileged that you have allowed us on this journey with you. The pictures of Mia are so precious. The love you two have for her is very evident. All three of you are truly blessed.

    Love,
    A.S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh hey, to the first person, it's at april's house next weds, there should be an invite posted somewhere on L and D. :)

    ReplyDelete