Isaiah 43: 18-19

"Do not call to mind the former things, or ponder things of the past. Behold, I will do something new. Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert. "

Monday, October 3, 2011

Mia's birth story

           Mia Cadence Burgess 9/26/11 at 10:44am, 7lbs 0oz

This is the first opportunity I have had to actually sit down and right an update on our situation!! It's hard to believe I am sittng here telling you about our adoption story =). The Lord has been so good to us, we are so so blessed by this little life.
                                         Your love oh Lord, reaches to the heavens
                                        Your faithfulness, stretches to the sky
                                     Your righteousness is like a mighty mountain
                                       Your justice flows like the oceans tide

                                                     And I will lift my voice
                                                    To worship you my King
                                                    And I will find my strength
                                                    In the shadow of your wings

                                 
 "...I am the woman who stood here beside you, praying to the Lord. For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him" 1 Samuel 1:26-27




Sunday night, a little over a week ago, I received a text from the bmom, saying that she thought her water broke. This was at about 1245 at night. She didnt know what to do so I told her to go to the hospital because if her water was broken, she would need to be delivered. Meanwhile, we had gone to hibachi with our friends earlier that evening, and Dan had been exposed to seafood and his tongue was starting to swell. The worrier/nurse in me gave him two benadryl, just to be safe! Well here I am anxiously awaiting bmom's text to find out if shes ruptured. I am a nervous wreck so I start cleaning (lol later dan remarked that someone must have come and cleaned while we were gone). Then I find out that she is in fact ruptured, and shes now laboring. The physician decided to let her labor as a VBAC(vaginal birth after cesarean) instead of going straight to the operating room. This was great news because now we had more time to get to the hospital. I really really wanted to be there when the baby was born. So I go into the bedroom to wake my husband and he is knocked OUT. I'm like, babe, we gotta go, now! He mumbles something under his breath and falls back asleep. I could not wake him up for anything. Thankfully, he did finally wake up and we got in the car and started the 3.5hr treck to the hospital, at 1:30 in the morning, mind you. When we got to the hospital, bmom was still in labor. I dont really want to give any more details for privacy, but at 1044 that morning, our baby girl was born! I was able to be in the delivery room for her birth, and I even did her initial stabilization because the nursery nurse wasnt there yet. At my hospital, we as labor nurse stabilize the baby after its born, but at their hospital the nursery comes in for baby. It was so special to dry off my own baby, check her heart rate, muscle tone, color etc. The labor nurse was like, phew, I'm glad you're here! How special is that. We spent the next 24 hours a basket of nerves waiting for the papers to be signed. During the labor, the bfather showed up which terrified me. He hadn't been present for the entire pregnancy, and then he showed up for the delivery. At first he was really upset about the adoption (even though he knew about it) and did not want to sign papers. He really could not contest much since they werent married and he wasnt involved during the pregnancy. He did decide to sign though which was a weight off of our chests. The bmom was awesome during the delivery and the next 24 hours. Although we were nervous, she never wavered from her decision and knew what she was doing was best for the baby. We even had the opportunity to pray with the bmom and bfather after the papers were signed, which was really special.



I am exhausted so I will end the story here for now, but we were able to take our sweet baby girl home on Wednesday morning. She is beautiful, sweet, and precious. She spends alot of time eating, sleeping and pooping! We are so humbled and thankful for this gift. We DONT deserve her, but we are so so thankful for her! I want to thank each and every person who has read this blog and encouraged us. We are especially grateful for your prayers.




 
1 Chonicles 5:20 "He answered their prayers, because they trusted in Him."

We have absolutely no clue what we are doing! Its funny because we thought we would have like at least 6 months or a year to get ready for a baby. We are learning that we know nothing about newborns, but Mia is showing us what she needs and wants, she is so sweet! I am still kind of in shock to be honest. Everything happened SOO fast. But we are thankful and overwhelmed with love for our little girl! More soon. =)

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure this is the post you dreamt of writing from the minute your journey began. Mia is such a beauty and my heart just sings knowing God picked you for each other. I can't wait to see her again! Love you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so unbelievably happy for you guys! I can't wait to meet Mia, she's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such beautiful pictures and your are a lovely mommy:) i left a comment on mrs. carrissa's blog today about how it just warms my heart when i hear others have adopted. if it's God's will for me to marry, i hope i can too one day. my bro is adopted too. :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete