Isaiah 43: 18-19

"Do not call to mind the former things, or ponder things of the past. Behold, I will do something new. Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert. "

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

You Make All Things New

I was at work yesterday. We had a great day for labor and delivery-a few nice deliveries but nothing too crazy. I love my co-workers and it was great to be able to see them for more then a few seconds at time. We actually got to sit down and eat lunch together! (A small miracle in of itself.) And all of the patients I had yesterday were very sweet,which can also be a breath of fresh air!

Despite this wonderful workday, my heart got the best of me. I started to feel very anxious and overwhelmed. My parents are going through a messy custody battle and the whole process is just awful. Between that and entering this new phase of the adoption process, I just needed to calm down, so I called Dan from work. He really didnt know what to say except to encourage me. I have felt frustrated because with anything in my life, if I wanted something, I worked hard and got it. With adoption, it is completely out of my hands! I'm thinking that maybe God wants me to trust him a little more.

Well I got home a few hours later, and there, sitting on the kitchen table was a beautiful bouquet of flowers carefully arranged by my thoughtful husband. I almost started crying!

It was such a gentle reminder from the Lord. I felt Him telling me. "My child, dont you know? I make all things new! I will wipe out the past and make things as white as snow. I am in control, you are not. Know that I love you and have not forgotten you or your family! Place your trust in me."

On Sunday at church we watched a video from Francis Chan (who we love!) and he said, (paraphrased) Who are WE to question God? In Isaiah, God refers to us as clay and He is the potter. Does the clay go around questioning the potter? God knows more than we do! He SEES the end picture, the picture we may not see this side of heaven. This video was challenging and also encouraging! http://www.francischan.org/ and click on "Erasing Hell, Francis Chan's thoughts behind his new book." Its a really cool video!

Our adoption profile is going on the agency's website this week, so that is exciting! Our portfolio is approved and we are getting it printed and sent to the agency also this week. So now our hope will rise as we wait upon the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. How sweet and thoughtful of that wonderful hubby of yours!! I'm so sorry for some of the rough times you are going thru but so thankful that your faith is rock solid.

    Love, A.S.

    ReplyDelete