Isaiah 43: 18-19

"Do not call to mind the former things, or ponder things of the past. Behold, I will do something new. Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert. "

Saturday, August 13, 2011

The longing

My family was in town this week and we had 7 people in our house for the whole week! I wouldn't trade it for anything, people sleeping everywhere! I love having a houseful of people, there is nothing like spending time with family. We even got to travel to my cousin Mike and Jayme's house in Georgia where my Aunt Sue and Uncle John met us. I think I'm still full from all of the food.

This week has only intensified my longing to be a mother. Sometimes it is so strog it almost hurts. I love being around my little siblings and just can't wait till we have our own little ones. Now that we are getting close to our home study being finalized, I am starting to realize we have left to do is wait! I think the waiting is harder than the paperwork. So many doubts keep coming to me, what if it takes forever? What if no one picks us? What if the expectant mother changes her mind? Then I have to remind myself that God has it all planned out, I just need to wait on HIS timing.

I am so thankful that He provided us with scripture to help us on our journeys!

I wait for the Lord , my soul does wait,
And in His word do I hope. (Psalm 130:5 NASB)

So no news, just processing and preparing our hearts for the next few months. I wish it was just easy, but life isn't always what we expect it to be. I am just sooo ready to hold a sweet baby in my arms!

Stay tuned :)

2 comments:

  1. Olivia! We are so excited for you guys and know that God does have a plan and He will be the one to carry it out to fulfillment. I look forward to seeing you guys again and spending time together. You have such a beautiful heart and any children God blesses you with will be so lucky. Love, Rebecca (and Matt)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olivia,

    The waiting is tough, but God will send you encouragement when you need it. He has done that with our adoption each step of the way, when worry and fear would creep in, He sent just the right phone call, email, visit. Time and time again He cared for us as we waited and worked so hard on this paperwork. Now, here we are 5 days from travel for our son. God bless you both as you follow His will and prepare for your family to grow.
    Angie

    ReplyDelete