Isaiah 43: 18-19

"Do not call to mind the former things, or ponder things of the past. Behold, I will do something new. Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert. "

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothers Day and Mia's Dedication

What a beautiful day. Dan and I went to church together for the first time in probably 6 months. Don't worry, we still both go but Dan usually plays in the band so he leaves at the crack of dawn and I get up with Mia and play in the morning and then we go to the 11:15 service ;). Hey, I never claimed to be a morning person!  The sermon was dedicated to Mother's Day and was really good, as usual. It was also very bittersweet for me because although I am filled with immense joy at the notion that I can truly celebrate the wonderful gift of motherhood, there was also a tinge of sadness in the loss of a close relationship to my own mother. I don't really want to go into too much detail, but there will always be a bit of wistfulness in my heart. I know that God wants me to take that pain and turn it into motivation to be the best mother I can be and always put my child before myself. I love her so much and want to be a great, godly example to her. Only through Christ will I be able to!

We followed the sermon with a sweet baby dedication for Mia. There were 29 babies/children dedicated! What a blessing! I am priveleged to be charged with raising Mia in a godly home, and grateful to have friends and family who will surround us and encourage us in spiritual wisdom.  Dan and I went for a quiet lunch with Mia and reflected on the gift that she is to us!  For my none-facebook friends, here are some pictures of the dedication:








I am also extraordinarily grateful to Mia's birthmother. I can only imagine the emotions she must be going through today. I am thankful that I have a relationship with her, I received a Happy Mother's Day text from her this morning. We had a rocky start but I love that I can tell her how thankful I am to her and what an incredible woman she is for all the sacrifice she made. She gave us the greatest gift possible!

One quick word to all the motherless, and those who are waiting for their first child. Please don't give up hope! I know how painful this day is for you; I didn't even want to acknowledge Mother's Day last year, I couldnt let my heart go there. But know that God knows the desires of your heart, and if you are aching to hold that sweet little child, He knows and He will grant you the desires of your heart. It may not be in the way you planned or expected, but His way is SO much better then ours! Even as the heavens are higher the the earths, His ways are better then our ways. (Isaiah 55)

1 comment:

  1. Olivia said: "...there was also a tinge of sadness in the loss of a close relationship to my own mother. I don't really want to go into too much detail, but there will always be a bit of wistfulness in my heart."

    Mom says: I love you and Mia so much. Words,not just words- sent your way:healing,love,restoration,communion,and a reminder God is not the author of confusion. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete