Isaiah 43: 18-19

"Do not call to mind the former things, or ponder things of the past. Behold, I will do something new. Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert. "

Saturday, May 12, 2012

gearing up for my first Mothers' Day

It feels so surreal that I am about to celebrate Mother's Day. I started receiving cards in the mail and thought, why on earth am I getting cards, my birthday isn't till July? I think for so long my heart ached on mother's day, its hard to accept the fact that I can in fact rejoice.  I am still humbled and amazed that we have a beautiful, sweet giggling 7 month old-and shes OUR daughter! A friend at work recently asked why our adoption went so smoothly when there are so many "horror" stories out there. I told that first, alot of people were praying for this little one, and also God chose to bestow favor on us. It was nothing that we did, we give the Lord all of the credit. God's love has been displayed through the gift of Mia. I am so so thankful for her and I fall more in love with her every day.

So what is Mia up to? She has become so so interactive. She loves to play with us and she's even discovered she can pull on the dogs ears and tails. They actually love it and think she's playing with them. (I'm pretty sure they think she's a puppy!) We are still working on getting her to sit up by herself but she is practically crawling, so I know the sitting will come soon. My best friend specializes in this kind of stuff and said the most important thing is social and emotional development and she is definitely passing that with flying colors!! She thinks everything (including mommy dancing) is hilarious, its so great.  I love giggling with her :). Anyhow I have so so much more to write and update, but just wanted to write a quick note!

3 comments:

  1. Happy First Mother's Day, Olivia. May you have a wonderful day with your beautiful little Mia and great hubby, Dan. I'm so happy for all of you!!

    Love,
    A.S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy it! I know the feeling. It almost feels surreal to open cards! My son just turned 9 months and I still wake up asking myself if I am dreaming. Enjoy! Celebrate! -Kala http://scottandkala.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy first Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete