Isaiah 43: 18-19

"Do not call to mind the former things, or ponder things of the past. Behold, I will do something new. Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert. "

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Little Miss Mia

We are gearing up for baby's first Christmas! We put up the tree this week and I decorated with pink and purple. Of course Dan didn't have much say in this. I bought some new decorations on a whim and decided that the color scheme would be in honor of Mia. I mean how often do you get to celebrate a little girl's entrance in to the world?  My only issue with the tree is that its not real. We bought a fake one last year because we were going out of town for Christmas and didn't want to come home to a dead tree and pine needles everywhere. This year, we'll be in CT so alas, the fake tree made an appearance again. I only consented to having this imposter tree if we can replace it with a real one every time we are home for Christmas. There really is nothing like the smell of fresh pine at Christmas! I just love everything about this time of year!!





I'm still getting used to not having snow on the ground at Christmastime, it seems like we are celebrating in April. All part of the "sacrifice" of living in the South I suppose. ;)

Now for the part you having been waiting for-an update on the littlest princess!She is almost 10 weeks old! I cant believe how quickly the time is going, I am learning to savor every moment with her. She has been full of new surprises these past few weeks:

  • At her 2 month visit, she was 12 lbs, 4 oz and in the 90th percentile! what a big girl! her pediatrician thought that she was perfectly healthy. she is finally starting to get a little baby chub, which is absolutely adorable.

  • She can just about hold her head up by herself, which is exciting because I can hold her in more positions now. She loves to make eye contact and look all around, especially at lights.


  • One of my very favorite things that I have yet to capture on camera is her smile. I remember not too long ago waiting for that sweet smile, and now she pretty much smiles constantly! In the last few days, she's started smiling when she sees me or her daddy. It's the best thing ever!! She is SUCH a happy baby and I can take her pretty much everywhere. My cousin and his wife came to visit and we spent about 2 hours on the USS Yorktown. Mia was perfectly content to hang out in the baby bjorn the entire time, it was great!
  • Another one of my favorites is naptime. Pretty much every afternoon Mia and I take a nap together. She just loves to snuggle. I'll put my head right next to hers and she'll cozy up to me and fall right asleep.
Queen of the bed!

  •  Mia made a most hilarious discovery recently; her fist. She noticed it one day and stared at it in wide-eyed wonder for the longest time. Sometimes she forgets about it and then finds it again. Dan and I crack up every time she stares at her hand. I'm sure she'll soon discover that it's tasty too!


I fall more in love with her every day. Some people have told me that they worry that if they adopted, they wouldnt be able to love the child the same way they would a biological child. The love I have for my daughter is something I cant even explain, it just grows stronger and stronger and I can't even imagine loving a child more than I love her. So no, it doesnt matter if we share blood or not, she is my beloved.

Up next, pictures of Mia's room, yay!! 

ps- Feel free to leave a comment, I love comments! if you dont have an account, you can post by using "anonymous"

6 comments:

  1. She is so adorable! I love that she found her fist, so cute :)
    Emmy
    Ps, I forgive you about the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe she is 10 weeks old and the Collins' family has not met her! I love seeing your updates. This one made me laugh-out-loud seeing her discovery of her fist....how cute is that!?! What a doll! Y'all are the cutest family and I am looking forward to the day I get to meet little miss Mia!!! Love to you all, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What adorable pictures. She really is a darling baby - so precious. Jayme said she couldn't get over what a good baby she is. Said she never fusses or cries. How lucky can a mom and dad get! Mia must feel soooooo loved - that definitely helps with her contentment. Love all the updates.

    Love,
    A.S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i got teary... even though we don't share blood, she is my beloved. that is powerful stuff. i love ya and your heart. your mia is a doll.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, the first thing is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, she is just so cute! It's so fun when they start smiling. I love the color scheme for the tree too. :-)

    ReplyDelete