Isaiah 43: 18-19

"Do not call to mind the former things, or ponder things of the past. Behold, I will do something new. Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert. "

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Be careful what you wish for! And Mia's 4 month visit

Seriously, I can't help but hear Alanis Morrisette's song "isn't it ironic?" running through my head. What am I talking about? Well, let me just tell you. The day after I wrote the previous post on contentment, I checked my email and found out we are getting kicked out of our house!! Apparently the owners decided they want to move back in June 1st. They must love my decorating so much they realized they were missing out. ha! No, we really have no idea why they are moving back in. They live about 2 miles away in a much bigger house, so maybe they can't afford their house? So now we have to scramble to find a house that meets all of our needs AND is affordable. Since Dan works from home, he really needs a work space to effectively run his business. We also need a fenced in yard because of our dogs. Easier said then done! Ah, well now we are also realizing how good of a deal we were getting on rent too. So the moral of the story is- be careful what you wish for, you just might get it! We didn't really like the house we are in, so now we have to move..."A little too ironic, yeah I really do think!"

Today was Mia's 4 month old appointment. She actually turned 4 months last week, but they didn't have any openings. I was secretly worried about her not reaching certain milestones, but her doctor was very unconcerned, in fact, she said we should write a book on parenting! Lol I actually laughed out loud at that, because we really don't know what we are doing, we are just learning one step at a time. I think she meant that Mia is happy and healthy and pretty much doing all the things a 4 month old baby should do. Before the doctor came in to the exam room, I noticed Mia had some dryness on her arms. I thought, oh no! I don't want the pediatrician to think we aren't keeping her skin moisturized. I noticed a bottle of Cerave, which is the brand of lotion my friend at work uses for her kids ethnic skin. I told Dan to quickly bring me the bottle before the doctor came in so I could moisturize Mia. Halfway through slathering her with the slippery liquid, I realized I was covering her in soap! I'm like crap, now she's going to think I'm an even worse parent for putting liquid soap all over my kid's skin! I made Dan get me some wet paper towels so I could get the soap off of her skin before our doctor came in. Dan was just shaking his head at my ridiculousness. It was pretty funny. Then I got some dry paper towels so she wasn't soaking wet either. By the time the pediatrician finally did come in, everything was back to normal and I innocently pretended none of the previous fiasco hadn't happened. I did burst out laughing after she left the room and I realized what hilariousness had ensued.

Anyhow, Mia is happy and healthy and in the 75th percentile for weight and along a perfect growth curve. Our pediatrician commented on how lucky Mia was to have us for parents. I replied that actually, we were the lucky ones!! And now we are going to start her on solids! I'm excited!!

Thanks for following, and if you don't have an account, you can post anonymous. :)

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA! I love it! (the Dr visit not you getting kicked out of your house!!!)

    -Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can't believe you're moving! You know, Ohio is pretty nice this time of year (lol jk :) ). Aw, solids? She is growing so fast! And that doctor's visit is so you lol!!
    -Emmy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be sure to take pics / videos of the first solids... some of the funniest pics of my girls during this important milestone event! Enjoy. Love, Grauntie

    ReplyDelete
  4. How ironic about the house!!It's almost funny if it wasn't putting you guys in such a panic mode trying to find a different place.

    Glad to hear Mia is growing as she should. Kind of funny how we learn on that first child of ours. Oh the mistakes we make that NO ONE will ever find out!! But, yes, the first child is the one who takes the brunt of our insecurities as parents. After the second or third, who cares if Johnny learned to tie his shoes first, or Baby Jane is potty trained, or Peggy Sue is drinking from a sippy cup, or Jimmy can say his ABC's. No one, that's who!

    Relax....you guys are doing great.

    Love,
    A.S.

    ReplyDelete